Pomora Romana Peppers with garlic oil, spinach and ricotta
< Blog Home Article by Pomora - Date: Fri, 05 Oct 2018
Embrace autumn with the delicious flavour combination of sage, ricotta and our garlic-flavoured oil all served up in a Romano pepper. Quick and easy to prepare. Delicious!
Ingredients to serve 4 people (8 as a side dish)
120g fresh spinach
Squeeze lemon juice
4 tbsp Pomora Extra Virgin garlic oil
4 Romano Peppers
4 sage leaves, finely chopped
2 shallots, halved and sliced
20g walnuts, finely chopped
20g parmesan, grated
Salt and pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C.
2. Begin by cooking the spinach according to the packet instructions. Drain in a sieve and squeeze out as much water as you can. Tip into a bowl with 1tbsp of the garlic olive oil, the lemon juice and a little salt and pepper. Mix well and keep to one side.
3. Using a sharp knife, split the peppers in half lengthways, taking care to keep the stalks intact. Discard the seeds and white membrane. Lay the peppers cut side up on a baking tray and brush the insides with garlic oil.
4. Divide the cooked spinach between the peppers, followed by the sage, shallots and ricotta. Season with freshly ground salt and pepper and then drizzle with the remaining Pomora garlic oil.
5. Place the tray at the top of the oven for 20 minutes. Meanwhile, mix together the chopped walnuts and parmesan. After 20 minutes, scatter over the top of the peppers and return to the oven for 10 minutes.
6. Allow to stand for a few minutes before serving.
This recipe was created for Pomora by @katriona_macgregor .
Roast Romana Peppers with Pomora garlic oil, spinach and ricotta - delicious!