Pomora Salted Chocolate Mousse With Olive Oil
< Blog Home Article by Pomora - Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2018
This delicious dessert recipe was created by Pomora's friend Corrie at Rabbit Food - special thanks to her.
Light and airy, fluffy yet sweet, this chocolate mousse is simply scrumptious and makes for the perfect dessert after a hearty meal.
Along with Corrie's Rabbit Food, we have also teamed up with Heartier for this chocolate mousse pudding. In addition, we have can bring Pomora readers a special promotional code. You can get £20 off your first order (min spend £50) using the code: "PM183".
Ingredients to serve 4 people
You will need: A standing mixer with a balloon whisk attachment and an electric hand whisk
150g Ocelot Island sea salt chocolate
4 large eggs
80g caster sugar
80ml Pomora extra virgin olive oil
1 Tbs Brandy
1. Start by separating your egg yolks from their whites into two separate bowls.
2. Break your chocolate into pieces and gently melt over a pan of simmering water in a heatproof bowl. Whilst the chocolate it melting, use this time to measure out the sugar and the Pomora extra virgin olive oil.
3. Once melted, take off the heat and leave to cool (but not set). Meanwhile, beat the egg yolks with a hand whisk until combined and slightly paler in colour.
4. Using an electric hand whisk on a slow setting, beat the olive oil straight into the melted chocolate in a steady slow stream until your chocolate is lovely and glossy. Add the egg yolks slowly along with a tablespoon of brandy and whisk again, put to one side.
5. In your standing mixer, whisk the egg whites on a high speed until you have white soft peaks. Turn the speed down slightly and add the sugar a tablespoon at a time until incorporated. On a medium speed, beat a third of the chocolate mixture into the egg whites before folding the rest of the chocolate in by hand using a metal spoon.
6. Pour into four ramekins and chill for at least 3 hours before serving topped with a little sea salt.
This recipe was created for Pomora by Rabbit Food.